Repeated muscle contractions can cause wrinkles and furrows to form. BOTOX® is an FDA-approved, injectable treatment to reduce underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow’s feet. With regular treatment, BOTOX can leave these facial lines and wrinkles visibly smoother and more youthful.
Do BOTOX Injections Hurt?
More than four million botulinum toxin type A treatments were performed in 2020, as reported by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). BOTOX was the number one cosmetic minimally invasive procedure in the U.S.
Injections are quick, safe, and effective, and typically performed in 20 minutes or less. Many patients report that BOTOX injections feel like a pinch. This is what to expect:
- Your injector carefully identifies and marks the treatment areas
- A mild cleanser is applied
- Ice or numbing cream may be used on the targeted areas if you are concerned with discomfort
- Your injector uses a fine needle to inject BOTOX directly into facial muscles. Several injections are usually required
- Ice and pressure are applied to the treatment areas to minimize swelling